Friday, April 2, 2010

6 months!


My little girl turns 6 months old here in an hour and a half (officially). It seems like it wasn't so long ago that I was carrying her around in my belly, and bringing her home. Now she's such a big girl! Sitting up on her own, reaching for me, separation anxiety... She doesn't babble much, which makes me nervous. She's always smiling, and it's so easy to get her to laugh! 6 full months of breastfeeding! No other foods or drinks! I didn't go that far with my son, he was still breastfed but I started giving him cereal at 4ish months. So now I'm trying to figure out how I want to start Angela off with foods! So bittersweet these things are. 6 months is a big milestone! Halfway there to a year. It was hard on me when my son turned a year old. I was happy, but was so sad that he wasn't a baby anymore! The emotions of mothers!

3 comments:

  1. She is super cute (and so is your son BTW)! Happy six months!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow we have so much in common lol i am also from NM and my baby girl is 6 mos... i breastfed her strictly for 5 mos nothing else... and we are just now dabbling into solids... it definetly takes detication on our part! ha ha

    love and prayers...

    LO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey LO, I'm not sure if you know, but I am Becky's sister in law, married to her brother Carl :) I'm not sure if I have met you before, but I remember Becky talking about you and your son before. She also mentioned that you were pregnant around the same time I was!

    ReplyDelete