Wednesday, July 7, 2010

So I lied...

I thought I would keep up with this blog as well, but I lied :( I devote way more time to my life with Adrian blog. Here is an update on my family. Adrian is doing well. He is becoming more vocal (making sounds, not words). He is pointing to numerous objects now in books. This makes me happy! Angela is also doing well. She is now nine months old. She's growing too fast! Not sure how much she weighs or how tall she is, but I'll find out during her 9 month check up tomorrow! She has two teeth, crawls everywhere, pulls up to anything and everything, and is standing on her own! She even took one little step earlier while standing... and then she fell on her butt!

I have a big week coming up! Time to finish the painting! My house is half painted at the time. So, since my mom has the week off, she is going to help me paint the kitchen. At night, my husband and I will paint the hallway and do the second coat in our bedroom that is so desperately needed! I also got paint for the trim and some of the doors. The trim is really nasty. It's either black from scuffs or brown from dirt. I've tried scrubbing the dirt, but it's actually stained the trim along the floor. The trim will remain white. I wanted to get a brown color that was a coordinate color for the two main colors we have chosen, but I was afraid it would be too much. These things always look good in books, but maybe not in your house! We also bought new blinds! We may need to custom order a couple of the blinds for some of the more odd sized windows. Also bought a new welcome mat and a hanging basket of flowers. It's the little things that make your house look so much nicer. There are other improvement projects for the future: curtains, a nicer looking dining room light, planting some pretty flowers (spring time next year!) and it would be nice to get rid of this nasty carpet! This carpet has to be the same carpet that was put in back in 02! I clean it about every two weeks with the shampooer, but it is still gross! It would be so nice to have wood floors... a girl can dream! I don't even know if the floors will ever be redone. Painting and blinds are enough money for right now! Little by little, it's the best way to do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment